Paris is also known as the City of Lights and a popular tourist destination. Aside from its divine cuisine and vast art collection, there are countless reasons why you should make Paris your next destination.
The River Seine tootles through the city, in its course it tells a story of the archetecture and endearing views around the city. Flanked by stately museums, centuries old churches, blocks of Rococo and Neoclassic design architecture, you can’t help but fall in love with the charming trees and glowing street lamps in view.
Paris offers within its banks, world – class musuems, cuisines and of course it is considered a top inspiration and home of fashion.
In no particular order, 10 reasons why Paris should be your next stop.
- EIFFEL TOWER: The Eiffel Tower was named after the Enginer Gustave Eiffel whose company built the Tower. It is a wrought Iron lattice Tower on the Champ de Mars in Paris. Height 984′. location- Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France, 75007 Paris, France.
- PARIS METRO: The Metro Stations in Paris are marked by eye – catching art Nouveau style, metropolitain signs and is a symbol of the City. It is the second busiest subway system in Europe after Moscow, it is mostly underground.
- ARC DE TRIOMPHE: Standing in the Centre of the Place Charles de Gualle, at the western end of the Champs – Elysees, the Arc de Triomphe de l’e toile is one of the most famour monuments in Paris. Height 164′. location – Place Charles de Gualla, 75008 Paris, France.
- NORTE – DAME CATHEDRAL : It is a medieval Catholic Cathedral on the eastern half of the Ile de la Cite in the fourth arrondissement of Paris.The Cathedral’s consttruction began in 1136 and wasn’t completed until 1345. You can climb the steps within this massive church to the top and look out over the city. Height 315′. location 6 Parvis Notre Dame PL. Jean-Paul 11, 175004 Paris, France.
- TUILERIE: The Tuilerie is a public garden located between the Louvre and Place de la Concorde. When its springtime, it comes alife with beautiful flowers. Location- 113 Rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris, France.
- THE RIVER SEINE: There are Tour boats known as Bateaux – mouches and are a great way to see some of Paris’ most famous attraction. You could have a family dinner aboard the boat cruise, while staring at beautiful Archetectural designs of the city.
- THE LOUVRE PALACE AND PYRAMID: It is the giant glass and metal pyramid that serves as the entryway to the louvre museum. It was designed by a Chinese American Architect I. M. Pei, surrounded by three smaller pyramids.
- INSTITUT DE FRANCE: The Institut de France is an intellectual society consisting of five academies, most notably the Academi Francaise. Founded October 25, 1795. location- 23 Quai de conti, 75270 Paris, France.
- PEACOCK IN THE BOIS DE BOULOGNE : The sprawling Bois de Boulogne Park, located just west of the city center is home to variety of trees and many beautiful animals.
- OPERA GARNIER : The Opulet Opera Garnier seats nearly 2000 guests. It’s gilded interior is exquisite. It was built from 1861 to 1875 for the Paris Opera. location- 8 Rue Scribe, 75009 Paris, France.
For flight bookings and Hotel reservations, contact Bookings Nigeria at +2348189416000
Or click here
See Pictures of other places to visit in Paris: