Many who have visited Abuja from a busy town like Lagos, find it really difficult and boring to stay. Expats and foreigners hold the same opinion about the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria and I don’t blame them. When I first came to Abuja in 2007 to school, my weekends were so boring and with very little activities happening around to keep me going. Mondays were my favourite day of week. I couldn’t wait to get back to the usual tussle of campus life.
Things changed over time, my weekends are far more exciting than they used to be. I have a ton of events I could do every weekend.
HOW HAS ABUJA CHANGED?
This question when taken into perspective can be answered in several. As at 2007, there were very few clubs, hang out spots and just on cinema in town. The activities within town was limited to Ceddi plaza for movies and Aristotle or Crystal lounge club at night.
TranscorpHilton and Sheraton – Club 903 and Nicon luxory. Hang out spots were zone1 garden, wine shop and recreational activities only happened at Wonderland amusement park.
Today things have completely changed. Here is a list of places and things you can visit or do in 48 hours in Abuja.
SEE A MOVIE
- SILVER BIRD GALLERIA – Memorial Drive, by Musa Yar’adua center, central business district, 1161, Abuja.
- GENESIS – 264 Tafawa Balewa way, Abuja 901002, ceddi plaza.
- FLAMING FLAMINGO – Shashilga Court, Ahmadu Bello way, after the city hub and before NEXT cash and carry.
- SUMMERSET HOTEL – 73 Usuma street, Maitama Abuja.
VISIT THE MALL
- JABI LAKE MALL – Bala Sokoto way, Jabi Abuja.
- THE CAPITAL HUB – Ahmadu Bello way, before Shashilga Court, Abuja.
FITNESS AND EXERCISE
- BLU CABANA – Mabushi district, opposite NEXT stores.
- DUNES CONTINENTAL RESTAURANT – No. 44 Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Abuja.